Disclosure: “I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for Panasonic. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.”
Ever since my now husband and I moved in together, the summer months have been the ones we look forward to the most since we get to spend more time together as a family. During the school year we don’t have a lot of free times to do things as a family. Between school, work and after-school activities, we are out straight, so when summer rolls around we try and make the most of it.
This summer marks our third one together as a family, and for my husband and I, it’s a bitter sweet because we know we may not have many more summers like this. Before you know it the older kids will have jobs and the youngest of the bunch will be the only one left with home with us, so now it’s more important than ever to cherish the moments we have.
To help us document the special moments from this summer, I was sent a Panasonic LUMIX G7 to review. And I must say, so far I have taken some great pictures of the kids and my husband in action.
Currently, we are on vacation at a lakehouse that my father-in-law rents every summer. On Sunday, we had our good friends over who are family to us. It was great to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary with them and my husband’s family.
My Panasonic camera allowed me to catch some great action shots and candid photos of our guests, like this one of K, our friend’s daughter. She’s such a sweet girl, and I know moments like this are ones her mom adores.
The most anticipated part of being at the lakehouse each year is the swimming. All four kids love it. My son would stay in the water all day if we would let him. The photo below of him swimming cracks me up because of the look on his face.
The 4K Burst photo mode allowed me to take photos like the one below. I extracted it from a series of frames that were of my son jumping into the lake.
I’ve also enjoyed experimenting with the different filters to create different artsy shots. This is one of my FAVORITES! The timing of the photo was spot on.
In addition, two days before we left, my husband taught my seven-year-old son to ride his bike without training wheels…and it was a proud mommy moment. My son was a bit frustrated at first. He had a hard time with balancing and peddling, but within 30 minutes he was riding his bike back and forth in front of our house.
And then my husband decided to take him even further…and…well…my husband jumped on my daughter’s bike and took off behind him. It was quite the sight, let me tell you. I was cracking up.
These are just a few of the moments I’ve captured so far this summer. And I can’t wait to share my shots of our summer fun in later posts.
Panasonic LUMIX G7 info:
- 4K Ultra HD video-recording capabilities that allow you to take up to 30 frames per second
- Images can be extracted into an 8-megapixel still photo
- Three different 4K Ultra HD photo modes to choose from: 4K, 4K Burst, and 4K pre-burst
- Built-in WiFi
- DSLM (M-mirrorless), making it more lightweight than DSLR cameras
- DFD focusing which allows for fast and accurate autofocusing
- 16 MP Live MOS Micro Four Thirds Sensor
- Venus Engine 9 Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Limited one-year warranty
- Included accessories/items: shoulder-strap, rechargeable lithium-ion battery with battery charger, DVD-ROM software, AC Cable, etc.
- Price: varies depending on which camera lens you want on the purchased camera ($797.99 – $1,295.98)
Connect with Panasonic