Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Belli® Skincare and The Jojoba Company. I was provided with free products in exchange for an honest review and/or mention of the product. All opinions expressed within this post are my own, as are photos.
Like so many moms, I don’t always think of myself of what I need. I don’t always think about making myself look and feel good. I put my husband and children first, and as a result, my skin and body sometimes suffer. If you have someone in your life who is like me, this Mother’s Day is the perfect chance for you to spoil her a little with some skincare products that will leave her feeling pampered and important.
While some moms may not be okay with receiving products like the ones below, if you’re like me, you will. I love getting stuff like this for Mother’s Day. Last year my brother bought me three different perfumes and I was thrilled. What can I say? I’m easy to please.
I love trying out new products for the face and body, especially if they are all natural. I can’t always afford to buy all natural products or those that are close to it because of how expensive they are, but there are times I splurge. And when I do, I want to know that the products I’m purchasing will not only help me, but will also be healthy for my skin, which is a must in my book.
Please continue reading below for some gift ideas for this Mother’s Day and to read my thoughts on said products.
The Jojoba Company products I received:
What I love about the 100% Natural Australian Jojoba is that it has more than one use. It’s good for your body and your face. Normally I have two have two separate moisturizers because of the type of skin I have, but with this I don’t have to. I can use just one and know that I’m using something healthy on it, since it contains ingredients that are good for you.
Also, it also can be used in place of a hair products that are used to add smoothness and shine and to tame those pesky flyaways. I wear my hair in a ponytail a lot, so I have tons of flyaways.
It can also be used on stretch marks. I’ve yet to try it on mine, though. I want to, I just haven’t had the chance.
Though the item is pricey, the fact that it does so much and covers such a wind range of issues, makes it a worthwhile purchase in my opinion, especially since if you were to buy separate products to cover everything this product does, it would end up costing you more.
- Made with 100% natural Australian jojoba, which contains vitamins A, D and E
- Is NOT an oil but actually a wax ester
- Uses: As a face and body moisturizer, skin soother, makeup remover, hair scalp, hand and cuticle conditioner, etc.
- Recommended: Massaging a drop or two into facial skin first thing in the morning and at night after you wash your face.
- Ingredients are grown and harvested in Australia
- Available for purchase at www.stpwellness.com
- MSRP – $19.95 for 1.0 fl. oz. 0r $29.95 for 2.9 fl. oz.
At first glance the Intense Overnight Renewal Cream seems no different than other creams on the market, until you read up on it and try it for yourself. I love that when I apply it to my face, it doesn’t leave it feeling oily after. I often have that problem with creams. And I can’t have that because my face breaks out a lot. I need products that are gentle on my skin and this is. (It also has a pleasant all natural smell that quickly disappears once applied to your skin.)
I’m also loving that it has argan oil. Ever since my friend K introduced me to products containing it, I’ve been hooked.
- Helps renew your skin to give you a “fresher, more rested and youthful look”
- Is 97% all natural
- Use nightly once after you wash your face. Just a small amount between fingertips is all you need.
- Contains 100% natural Australian jojoba, which contains vitamins A, D and E, as well as CoQ10 (antioxidant), marine collagen (plumping), beta glucan (stimulates collagen production), wild yam (hydrating), hyaluronic acid (plumping) and argan oil (antioxidant).
- Is good for all skin types
- Available for purchase at www.thejojobacompany.com or www.stpwellness.com
- MSRP – $53.95 for 1.7 fl. 0z.
The botanical hydrating mask definitely left my skin feeling hydrated after I used it. It goes on like other masks but once dry, you can barely see it. You can either wash it off after 15-20 minutes or leave it on overnight. (I only did it for 15.) You can use it up to three times per week.
I did experience a small breakout the next day but I can’t say that it’s from the mask. I honestly don’t think it was. I’m due for a visit from my monthly friends, so I think the pimple appearance was due to my fluctuating hormones.
- Contains 100% natural Australian jojoba, as well as marine collagen (plumping), gingko biloba (high in antioxidants), ivory clay (hydrating), green tea (antioxidant) and silk amino acids (firming proteins and peptides).
- Contains none of the following: harmful chemicals, detergents, parabans, artificial fragrances or colors, PEGs, mineral oil or sodium lauryl sulfate. Also NO animal products.
- Available for purchase at www.thejojobacompany.com or www.stphwellness.com
- MSRP – $49.95 for 2.7 fl. oz.
For a comprehensive list of Jojoba Company products, please visit their site.
Belli® Skincare products I received:
Though I’m not an expecting mom, I can appreciate products that I geared towards pregnant moms. Nowadays, moms-to-be are more conscious of the things they put in their bodies and on them. With all the research at our fingertips, we are more aware of how things we use or ingest can harm our unborn babies. Belli® Skincare acknowledges how important ingredient safety is to expectant mothers, so all of ingredients they use in their products are screened to make sure they do not contain “teratogens”, which are chemical, synthetic or natural ingredients that have been linked to birth defects or miscarriages.
Belli® Skincare doesn’t stop with protecting pregnant moms. They also want to insure that nursing moms can keep their babies safe too!
Depending on the time of month, my skin can be oily or dry. During those dry spells where my skin is in desperate need of hydration, this hydrator comes in handy and definitely provides my skin with the extra moisture it needs.
I LOVE the smell of his moisturizer. It has a light, citrusy smell that is refreshing.
And when I apply it, it’s light on the skin, which is great. I hate the caked on feeling that some lotions and creams give you.
- Daily moisturizer and illuminates the skin
- Safe for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Contains vitamin C, grapeseed oil and chamomile.
- Light citrus scent
- Contains no teratogens, parabens, BOA, phthalates and artificial dyes
- OB/GYN and dermatologist recommended
- Allergy tested
- MSRP – $32 for 1.5oz.
When I was pregnant, I didn’t have to deal with acne at all. Before I got pregnant, I had it bad. And a couple years after the birth of my daughter, it kicked in again. The same thing happened when I got pregnant with my son. For those who breakout during pregnancy, this anti-blemish wash helps keep blemishes at bay while allowing you to keep the glow that often comes with pregnancy.
This face wash isn’t just for pregnant moms or nursing moms. Any woman or mom can use it. For someone like me who reacts poorly to acne washes that contain benzoyl peroxide, this wash is perfect. BP tends to dry my skin out. One time my skin got so dry that I could barely open my mouth to talk. My skin was tight and almost scaly looking. It was not attractive, let me tell you. It was downright embarrassing.
- Cleanses the skin of oil, dead skin cells and impurities that can lead to acne and bacterial overgrowth
- Can also be used as a face mask. Just leave on for five mins. and wash off.
- Free of terogens, salicylic acid, glycolic acid or benzoul peroxide, as well as parabens, BPA, phthalates and artificial dyes.
- Allergy tested.
- Uses lactic acid to cleanse and exfoliate the skin, as well as green tea and cucumnber and lemon peel oil, all of which make it smell PHENOMENOL!
- OB/GYN and dermatologist recommended
- Available for purchase at buy buy Baby, Destination Maternity, A Pea in the Pod Maternity, ULTA.com and other fine retailers nationwide.
- SRP – $22 for 6.5oz.
For more information on the Belli Skincare line, please visit their official site.