Disclosure: This is a sponsored post brought to you by Walmart, Suave and Global Influence. I was provided with monetary compensation in exchange for this post but all opinions expressed are 100% my own. Photos were provided by the sponsor.
I’ve made no secret of the fact on here and on my various social media accounts that though I’m a tomboy and enjoy doing things that many girls don’t, I’m also a girlie girl when it comes to makeup, beauty care routines, etc. Seriously, you should see my makeup collection. I have a bit of a problem, you could say. The picture below only shows a small part of my collection.
Over the years I’ve learned many things that help me look and feel my best…and I’m on a continual quest to learn even more. Anything that can help me improve my life in some way is something I want to learn. (So if you have some tips you would like to share, please do! I’m all ears.)
Here are some of my favorite tips:
- Use a foundation brush to apply foundation on your face. Seriously! I used to use my fingers. Then I upgraded to sponges. Now I use brushes, and I wish I had started to years ago. I use less foundation this way and I achieve better coverage.
- Use only noncomedgenic foundation. This is a tip my doctor gave me as a teen because I have super sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts.
- Be mindful of the cleansers you use on your skin. I’ve tried numerous ones over the years and many of them dry my skin out to the point it cracks. Sure, when that happens there’s no acne to speak of, but I also can’t smile and can barely talk because my face feels tight. It’s not a good thing. No amount of moisturizer makes a difference.
- If you have issues with acne, stop drinking dairy! Awhile ago I gave it up and my skin cleared up. Stupid me started again, and it didn’t even occur to me that it was causing cysts again until a friend and my brother mentioned it.
- Use a safety pin to pin your bra straps together. It will give you an instant lift in the boob area, which girls like me who have larger chests can appreciate. Because lets be honest, how many of us can actually afford a breast lift? Not me!
- Learn how to highlight and contour your face. It can take your makeup to the next level.
- Use a shoe organizer to help keep your makeup organized.
If you’d love to learn some more helpful beauty tips, hair care tricks, etc, then check out Walmart Suave Hub, which is filled with tons of beauty tips, contests, back-to-school tips, product promotions and more.
Suave Family Perks:
If you purchase Suave products, and would like to earn points that can later be redeemed for a Walmart gift card, you should check out Suave Family Perks.
First you’ll need to sign up for an account at the above link. Once done, you can upload a pic of your Walmart receipt. Suave products that are included on their approved product list are worth so many points each. Once you have earned 150 Suave Family Perks, you can redeem them for a $5 Walmart gift card. Nice, right? Who doesn’t love another way to earn money?