Now, more than ever, my husband and I have to be extra cautious about how much we spend, especially during the holidays. Because we’ve had to start watching our spending even more so we can afford to pay for our insurance every month, we are constantly on the lookout for new ways to save money. Or, in the case of FreeShipping.com, save money AND can get cash back on purchases.
To receive 10% cash back on purchases, all you have to do is visit one of the 1,000+ retailers that FreeShipping.com works with and make your purchases like you normally would. Once the retailer notifies FreeShipping.com that your package has been sent, they will apply your 10% cash back (minus any taxes or other fees that were paid) to your account. It can take up to seven days for it to show up.
You can view your cash back via the Savings Center tab. From there, you can track how much you’ve saved, as well as rebate earnings. Payouts are made quarterly as follows:
- January 1st – March 31 – Payout date: April 15th
- April 1st – June 30th – Payout date: July 15th
- July 1st – September 30th – Payout date: October 15th
- October 1st – December 31st – Payout date: January 15th
Wait, there’s more! If you have to pay shipping fees for any of your purchases, those can be submitted via the FreeShipping.com website’s Rebate Center. They will send you up to $10 per claim. Yep, that’s even more money going back into my pocket! I like that. (There are certain restrictions that apply, though, so make sure to read up on the FAQ page at the FreeShipping.com website to find out more info.)
As for my shopping strategy this year, it’s to look for the lowest possible price on the items on our to-buy list. I’m actively comparing prices to make sure we’re getting the most for our money. For example, I visited the Kohl’s website via FreeShipping.com. I purchased a Polly Pocket Vacation Helicopter for my niece and a AB Studio Marled Cowlneck Tunic Sweater for myself. The total cost was $31.98 plus $6.95 for shipping and handling. I had $15 in Kohl’s Cash and an exclusive code that I used that took another $3.40 off the post. In the end, I paid $20.53!!
To take my savings even further, I will get back 10% of the price of my purchase. AND I can get back the $6.95 I paid in shipping and handling. How insanely awesome is that?
My other purchases made through the FreeShipping.com include two shower gels and a bottle of hand soap from Bath & Body Works and a Sloth Lover Ln. Road Sign from NewEgg.com.
- Get 10% back on purchases made at over 1,000 retailers, like Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, etc.
- Also receive free shipping, free returns and price protection.
- Site compares prices on over 100 million products to guarantee customers are getting the best deal for their money
- Coupons that provide free shipping and codes and links, as well as other ways to save at checkout
- Price protection for items purchased within a 90-day time period, so if you find an item that’s advertised for less than what you paid originally, you’ll get back the difference!
Want a chance to try out FreeShipping.com for free for 30 days to see how much you can save? Enter code HOLIDAY2014 upon signup. After your 30 days are up, you’ll receive a discounted monthly rate of $9.95.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.